About Me

My photo
Entertaining, Sassy, Creative, Deep, Passionate. Artistic, Tender, Opinionated. Joyful, Stubborn, Grateful, Humble.

Friday, January 05, 2007

The Golden Tarot of Klimt, what was he thinking...


Most art fans are familiar with Gustav Klimt's painting named 'The Lovers'. He has some strange images in this deck, you either love it or hate it. I'm on the fence about it right now. Rather early and only one cup of coffee. I drew these 3 cards to play with. Ace of Pentacles, Queen of Swords, and the Knight of Swords. I really like the gold gilding, and flowers he surprises you, some really strange symbols stand out, too,in most of the cards

First thing I do is look for whatever draws my attention in each card, that's what wants to get noticed.

I had these cards laying out here on my desk, and was just beginning to look at them, when I got a phone call from my Aunt, she was telling me she may be released from the hospital today. That could be the Queen in the middle, and she's a little edgy, been in the hopsital for about 4 weeks now, and is frustrated and sick of being sick. The sword on this card is pointing down by her ankle, and that'a what the problem is. She had fallen (she's 80) and broken her back, went in for that, came out with staph infection from THE HOSPITAL in a tiny raw place on her ankle. Now, 3 months later, she's mad and tired and wants to go home. Her back is fine, she just can't walk now from the ankle thing. Hence the Knight with his sword pulled, like stay out of my way, I'm on a mission, and here I go. The Ace would be the home card, Pentacles can be : what you value, your stuff, your land, one place you love, an open door taking you another place. That Queen from the center is looking back over her shoulder at the Ace, and both her card and the Knight are going that direction. She's breaking out of that joint one way or another today. Has had it. No mincing words here.....she can be in pain there, or at home, why stay there and be tortured and proded by idiots. (Her very words, I quote.) Might as well be in pain at home.

If I was reading this as just a general, best, worst, and spiritual reading,

Best: I have the power to give orders and have them followed, I have a new direction my life is going and I am taking it. Bring in the horse, and watch me go. Like it or not.

Worst: I have lost much, am alone and frustrated. I need to do something, right now, right or wrong, and I am doing it. I feel defenseless, but I have money, that may help, should I be doing something stupid. Money can fix it.

Spiritual: Find someone and talk today. Bitch, moan, cry, about whatever it is that makes you crazy. There is an answer, maybe right in front of you. If you would stop jumping on that horse and taking off, what you want is here.

Maybe one reason I like this deck is the art work reminds me of my quilts. He's edgy and out there. I like that in a person. Don't follow the crowd, do your own thing. Whether it's the backgrounds, or the coverings he uses, the patterning and colors are vivid, and strange. And alot of naked people, not airbrushed either. Some of these guys would look better with clothes. Or one of his designer wraps around them. As more of an intutive Tarot reader, his stuff tells me all kinds of things. Fun to play with.

No comments: