About Me

My photo
Entertaining, Sassy, Creative, Deep, Passionate. Artistic, Tender, Opinionated. Joyful, Stubborn, Grateful, Humble.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

This morning I am in a rather quiet place. I am preparing to sing for a funeral of a friend named Donna, this afternoon. She was kind, she gave me stacks of pristine clean (used) baby clothes when my second daughter Anna was born, 31 years ago. She was beautiful. Tall, blonde, a slender woman always taking care of everyone else, always finding a way to laugh through the tough times. And she was very familar with the tough times. As I am remembering all the times she appeared in my life, the word 'kind' would most describe her. I ask my Tarot what it would tell me about her today, and what she might want me to know. I am using the rather large and different Victoria Regina Tarot deck, black and white images from the Victorian era. I drew the Temperance card, the 2 of Swords, and the Sun. I laid out 2 more on the 2 of Swords and got the 4 of Swords and the King of Coins. It is saying that 2 things/people keep her energy here, for today, and she has 2 sons she pretty much raised alone, they are both grown with wives and children. In the Temperance card there is an explosion of energy, and it spills over the 2 of Swords card (even being so connected to her two sons could not stop this powerful passage of energy that draws her into the Sun card). The Sun card seems to be showing up in my readings many times connected with death. It would be literally 'going to the light', as a child, innocent and beginning again, and again, dazzled by what we cannot see here in this place, we only see the shadows and with fearful curiousity we wonder -where did she go? She went home. Home, a word so precious, a place you are loved, safe, protected, your family around you, a party to celebrate your arrival....she may appear to be the woman lying in perfect stillness. That is what we see, but she is really the child in the sun, dancing with the angels, seeing what we cannot see, and laughing in delight that she is finally free from pain and home. This King of Coins, is a man that is with her, he is someone she loved and embraces now. I believe he was her father, he has been hanging around in Spirit and letting her know it is ok, his big, stong hand was the first thing she grasp, as she walked into the brilliant light of the Sun. Amazing Grace is playing in the background as I write this morning, bringing back memories, so many memories. And the words from the fourth verse, right now sing.....When we've been there, ten thousand years, Bright shining as "the Sun", We've no less days, to sing God's praise, than when we first begun.......... I love you, Donna.

No comments:

Blog Archive