About Me

My photo
Entertaining, Sassy, Creative, Deep, Passionate. Artistic, Tender, Opinionated. Joyful, Stubborn, Grateful, Humble.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mary Winkler, 32, is jailed on charges of first-degree murder. Authorities say she confessed to shooting her husband but they haven't revealed a motive.

The news media were not allowed inside the church, but those who attended the service said the minister was eulogized as a devoted husband and father.

Barbara Letson of Decatur, Ala., said Eddie Thompson, one of two people leading the service, didn't mention Mary Winkler by name or describe what happened.

"He just said, we're puzzled. That's the word he used: puzzled," Letson said.


Every week I choose an article from the news to draw cards on. This seems quite a mystery. I am using the Durer Tarot Deck. So, my number one question, would be, why did she shoot her husband? I drew the 4 of Pentacles, the 2 of Pentacles, and the Hanged Man. She felt stuck in a situation that was about the money. She was needing something and had felt passed over again and again. The cards say he stuck money back, and she would get half of what she really needed. Then I drew the Ace of Wands, the Star, and the Hermit. She had just started a new job, and happy to be away from him. Even alone. She was overwhelmed and had lost her will to keep trying to make this relationship work. She just wanted to be alone. When I ask the cards, 'what went through her mind, right before she shot him?' I drew the Page of Pentacles, the 6 of Pentacles, and the Chariot'. Again, it was all over money, something was said about her spending money, and she had, had it. All she wanted was to get in the car and never see him again. Usually it isn't the big fight, or something major that is the last straw. It is one tiny little thing, and you just snap. You go somewhere else, and you may not even know you are there. And they are not even aware you are gone. You LOOK like you are there. But your spirit is gone, and you just want to go somewhere far, far, away from the pain. Even in her pictures, she is calm. Reserved, dead. Her spirit has been crushed out of her, little by little. And everyone is ahead of her in the line for his attention. I ask the cards, 'how is she feeling about what happened with her husband, right now?'. I drew the 3 of Pentacles, the Moon and the Tower. I believe she sees the 3 daughters as the 3 pentacles. And she is worried and shocked about what happened. She has had a total breakdown and with the Moon there, I would say some of this is Postpartum Depression. I had it with one of my 3 children, and it was a very real thing and not something I want to ever go through again. I ask the cards, 'did he ever know she needed help?', and I drew the Justice Card, the 8 of Cups and the 9 of Cups. He knew she cried alot, and she told him she felt highs and lows, like bi-polar. I think she felt so alone, and he couldn't figure out why she wasn't happy, he had given her EVERYTHING.Or so he thought. But the Justice card is blind, and cannot see what is right in front of it. This white dove in the 8 of Cups, is so sad, and so alone and tried to put on a happy face, and it just didn't work anymore. She wanted to be free. Free of him. Not the kids, just him. I ask the cards, 'how did he really, really treat her?' I drew the 6 of Wands, the 5 of Pentacles, and the Knight of Swords. He was condecending, the never gave her what she really needed, she was the last on the list to get his attention and love, and he was always going somewhere important. More important than her. If men only knew. You know that sentence in the Marriage Vows that says, 'for this cause, shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; and they twain shall be one flesh, so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.' Mark 10:6-9 Nothing can come between the 2, not children, not the church, not even God. Not his congregration. Not money. She was pushed away. And felt alone. How sad. I think I wonder, why this minister had a loaded pistol in the house. Just wondered.

No comments:

Blog Archive